Excitations

Thank you so much for dropping by!! Here you will find sewing and project I get excited about...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Navy Lace over Satin Skirt and Knit Top






I've been needing some new skirts for dressy and ballroom dances. The lovely Kat from Petticoats & Peplums made a beautiful blue lace over satin skirt last week for Sew Weekly. I loved the look of lace over satin. It reminded me of some nave satin I had bought a few weeks ago. I found some border lace and looked through my patterns to try to find a pattern that would take less than 1M of fabric and show off the border design. An older Burda 3584 worked really well. The slit is very handy for dancing too. I should mention that the two navy colours do work well together, they look quite different in the photo.

Before Christmas I found a remnant for the knit top. I thought it would be good for the holiday season and dancing because it is stretchy enough for lifting my arms. I used a pattern I had made a couple of times before, New Look 6735. I cut the neck a bit lower, made it and the sleeves a bit longer too. It looks nice with the necklace I bought in Ponta Delgada in the Azores when visitied on a cruise around Great Britain last year.

I wore this outfit to a dance on Saturday and it felt great. I scanned in the two pattern covers below, you can see the slit in the skirt better I the scan.












2 comments:

  1. Hi Jean! Gorgeous skirt. Thanks for the comment on my blog and the little shout out in your post. I feel very happy to have inspired someone else to create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat,

      Thank you so much coming over and having a look, so nice to meet you!

      Delete