Excitations

Thank you so much for dropping by!! Here you will find sewing and project I get excited about...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Red Print Top and Skirt with Red Cardigan each from Burda Patterns


 


Above you can see the skirt, top and cardigan I made and wore to a Chinese New Year's Dinner and Dance with John.  I thought I would like a dress but I really find the versatility of two pieces quite wonderful. This skirt goes with other tops I own and the top can be worn with pants or another skirt but I did like the way they both resemble a dress when worn together. We had a wonderful time and the knit was very comfortable. I also made the red snake skin belt from vinyl I had on hand. I wrapped a vintage buckle with narrow stipes of the vinyl to cover it. The necklace I made a while ago from crystal and red glass beads, I was so please that the colours matched the ourfit. I also wore red snakeskin look shoes. That is the fabulous thing about sewing, it can make you feel very put together.

I really enjoy making this top from a pattern in Burda January 2009. It was especially interesting because my magazine was in German which I do not speak so I just put it together the way I figured it should go together and it worked, yeah!!


The skirt was from Burda December 2011 and I really like it, it worked well out of the knit. This knit was not too stretchy and has a very soft feel to the fabric. It has a zipper on the left side.


The last item I made was the cardigan from Burda August 2011. This was different than the Simplicity I have made cardigans of already and starts with the waterfall higher and the sleeves and length worked perfectly. I had this fabric for so long it was wonderful to finally get something useful out of it. The colours went so well too. This was a good fabric to use because both sides of the fabric looked the same for the waterfall effect.


Thanks so much for looking and all of your inspiration on your other beautiful sewing blogs.
I need another red outfit for a dance this Saturday for Valentines and I think I will wear this skirt with a red top I have in my wardrobe already.

Cheers, Jean

4 comments:

  1. I love this whole outfit and I am envious of your ability to put an ensemble together! When I went to put together my mini wardrobe in my SWAP I found that although I had heaps of material - there wasn't a lot that matched so I take my hat off to you. You put together great matching outfits. Loving the material and the shape of the garments. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BeaJay, You are so kind to take the time to comment!! Thank you very much for your kind words. I rarely like to plan ahead farther than a week, I admirer you for planning and doing your SWAP. My outfits matching are always more of a surprise. I'm having a wonderful time getting back to sewing.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jean,
    Thank you for calling on my blog.
    You sew beautiful things. I like how you combine separate patterns to create ensembles.
    Best regards,
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for calling on me too and for your lovely comments. Cheers, Jean

    ReplyDelete